International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is celebrated every year on 4th of June. It is a United Nations observation. This day asserts the UN’s responsibility to ensure the rights of children. The UN International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is worldwide recognition and not a public holiday.
Established on 19 August 1982, the day originally focuses on the victims of the War of Lebanon, 1982.
The UN was dismayed at the huge number of innocent kids from Palestine and Lebanon. They survived as the victims of Israel’s acts of aggression. The General Assembly, therefore, chose to honour June 4 of every year in the name of child victims and their rights under the resolution ES-7/8.
Apart from that, child abuse is presently at the centre of attention of the world. Hence, the UN is endeavouring to help protect kids around the globe.
One key factor is the procedure of global exchange and activity focused on the protocol of the Rights of the Child.
The purpose behind the day is to recognize the pain, the children undergo all through the world as the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse. This day insists the UN’s responsibility to secure the privileges of the kids.
This day needs to make individuals aware of the entire world about the effect of cruelty or abuse was done with children. Likewise, this day makes the associations and people learn and participate in the campaign helping out the kids.
The Global Movement for Children, with initiative from Nelson Mandela and Graca Machel, is an inspiring power for change that includes common individuals and families around the world.
More than 94 million people supported the ”Say Yes for Children” campaign. This campaign calls for 10 positive moves to be made to improve the lives of children.
This day is a chance for people and organizations throughout the world to get aware of any kind of horrifying abuse against kids. It is likewise when associations and people participate in awareness campaigns done on securing child rights.
Wishes & Thoughts
- It makes society, individual and organisations aware that what the children are going through and what could be don’t to prevent them.
- To provide each and every family justice, peace and freedom in the world.
- Childhood is authorized to special assistance and care.
- A child should get a proper environment to grow and develop his or her personality with happiness and understanding.
- The impact of armed conflict on children is everyone’s responsibility. And it must be everyone’s concern.
- A child should get mental and physical maturity, special care and legal protection after and before birth.
- Kids deserve to be happy, healthy and safe. Be a part of the campaign and help a child.
- There’s no excuse for child abuse. Stop aggression against innocent children!
- Let’s take an initiative on the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression, to save the life of a child and protect their rights.
- Children are the best gifts to this world. Save them from aggression, abuse, torture and violence.