3rd June is being celebrated as Happy World Bicycle Day 2020. The United Nations (General Assembly) started this observation in April, 2018. The day recognizes the uniqueness, longetivity and adaptability of a bicycle. It is a basic, reasonable, dependable, and eco friendly medium of transport.
Professor Leszek Sibilski from the United States drove a campaign with his Sociology class to spread an UN Resolution for World Bicycle Day. He earned support from 57 countries.
On 12th April 2018, the UN adopted the resolution and declared 3rd June as World Bicycle Day. Isaac Feld designed the logo of this day in blue and white colour.
World Bicycle Day is a holiday worldwide. The principle message of this day is to show that a bicycle serves the entire mankind.
Praising the bicycle through World Bicycle Day is an acknowledgement of the commitment of the bicycle to the sustainable development goals (SDGs). Cycling conveys legitimately on at any rate 12 of the 17 SGDs.
Bicycle – A Healthy Tool
Riding a bicycle is a first rate cardio exercise. It can consume 400 calories in an hour. It also builds up lower body, including legs, hips, and glutes. Also, it will be a great choice to ride bicycle for the workout of back, hips, knees, and ankles.
Apart from all, cycling helps in the betterment of lung health, maintains mental health, and loose weight. It cuts heart diseases and cancer risk which is good for the improvement of the immune system.
Benefits Of A Bicycle
- Environment friendly
- Mobile transportation
- Maintains health
- No license required
World Bicycle Day Logo
Being an assistant of Professor John E. Swanson, Isaac Feld designed the logo of World Bicycle Day. It is in blue and white colour with #3JuneWorldBicycleDay that depicts various bicyclists around the globe. The key message is to show that the bicycle belongs to and serves all of humanity.
World Bicycle Day Wishes
- Why drive cars when you can cycle all the way! Happy World Bicycle Day 2020!
- Gift your child a bicycle this June and she or he will be both healthy and happy! Happy Bicycle Day!!
- This is a very good initiative as cycling will help keep people fit and healthy. Let’s take this initiative on this day of bicycles!
- A bicycle ride a day to keep the gymnasium away! World Bicycle Day 2020!
- Let us hope that many people take up this practice of commuting by bicycles as it will cut down on the pollution on roads. Happy World Bicycle Day!
- This June let us cycle our woes away! Happy World Bicycle Day!
- The cycle reminds us of our childhood days and we are very happy that the United Nations has dedicated a day to the humble bicycle. Happy World Bicycle Day to everybody!
- Cycling is a favorite sport across the globe and we are happy to promote our favorite sport. Happy World Bicycle Day to all!
- Here’s to thank the United Nations for the recognition of this day. Happy World Bicycle Day!
- The humble bicycle has the potential to save the planet. Cheers to the bicycle!