Baisakhi or Vaisakhi is a religious Sikh festival celebrated on 13th or 14th of April of the year. It celebrates the arrangement of Khalsa panth of warriors under Guru Gobind Singh in 1699.
On the day of Baisakhi, the tenth and last Guru of the Sikhs, Gobind Singh, founded the Khalsa Panth in 1699 at Anandpur Sahib to counter the atrocities of the Mughals. The festival is not only celebrated in Punjab and Haryana but also in different parts of the country.
In Punjab, while the farmers stay busy preparing to harvest the ripe crop, on the other hand, the farmers there in Assam cut and harvest their ripe crop and sell it in the markets. They celebrate with their earnings from selling the crop. There this festival is celebrated as Bihu. The Vaisakhi festival marks beginning of the Sikh New Year.
~Wishes & Greetings~
This year on Baisakhi festival, send warm and lovely greetings to your family, friends and relatives.
- Baisakhi is here to celebrate and enjoy.
Time to dress up and get ready,
To dance and sing.
Happy Baisakhi to you and your family.
- May you get showered with blessings of God while you walk on the path of truth.
- From miles away, I’m sending my heartiest wishes on your way.
- Celebrate this year’s day of bountiful harvest!
May this year be filled with prosperity, abundance, and success.
- Wishing you and your family a peaceful Vaisakhi. May this festival brings lot of joy and laughter into your life. Stay happy always!
- Let us welcome prosperity, joy and happiness on this auspicious occasion. Happy Vaisakhi to you and your family.
- I’m sending my warm wishes to you for this Baisakhi. Have a wonderful year ahead.
- May you come up as bright as sun, as cool as water and as sweet as honey. Hope this Baisakhi fulfill all your desires and wishes. Happy Baisakhi!!
- I wish all a very Happy Vaisakhi. This day marks the celebration of the harvest and the establishment of the Khalsa.
- Happy Vaisakhi to everyone! May the festival bring peace, happiness and prosperity and give us the strength to overcome these difficult times.
Also Read – The history behind these festival holidays will surprise you!