The United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture is a global recognition held every year on 26 June. It is done to take a stand in opposition to the wrongdoing of torture. This day respects and supports victims and survivors all over the world.
The United Nations General Assembly adopted this day for two reasons:
- 26 June 1945, the United Nations Charter was signed during the midst of World War II to respect and promote human rights.
- 26 June 1987 was when the United Nations Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment came into effect.
The choice to yearly observe the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture was taken at the plan of Denmark. It is home to the incredibly famous International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT).
The human rights associations around the globe commend the UN’s International Day in Support of Victims of Torture on June 26 every year. The day fills in as a suggestion to individuals that torture is a crime. This occasion allows everybody to join together and raise their voice against human torture.
Associations, including the International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims and Amnesty International, have assumed a functioning job in sorting out occasions far and wide to advance the day. Exercises may include: photograph shows, the banners and other material to help individuals’ attention on issues identified with human torture, and TV shows.
- You are so loved by all of us. May you have a brighter and happier future. International Day in Support of Victims of Torture 2020!
- Believe that good wishes have powers. We wish for a healing future for you. Thank you for being so strong!
- You have been through so much and you show us what strength and hope means. May you feel comforted by our thoughts. We love you.
- Your suffering will not go in vain. You will have a happy and fulfilling life. We love you!!
- Every day brings us new opportunities. Every day shows us that we can have a new dream. If anybody can make this real, it is you.
- You are so strong. There is God residing inside all of you. Here’s to wishing you get peace and happiness in your lives.
- It won’t be easy but if anybody can rise above it, it is you. God bless you! May you heal soon and find happiness.
- Your smile shines brighter than the diamonds. You are so precious. Hang in there and never give up.
- You have been so strong. You will find peace and happiness. God will not be unfair to His strongest children.
- Life is hard, but you are harder. Hope you have a better future. May God bless you! International Day in Support of Victims of Torture 2020.