International Translation Day is a worldwide day commended each year on 30th September. It is done on the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible interpreter who is viewed as the benefactor holy person of translators. The International Federation of Translators (FIT) has advanced the festival since the time it was set up in 1953.
In 1991 FIT dispatched the possibility of an authoritatively perceived International Translation Day. Hence, it is to show solidarity of the overall translation network with an effort to advance the profession of translation in various nations.
This is a chance to show pride in a profession that is getting progressively basic in the time of advancing globalization. In accordance with the festival of 2019 as International Year of Indigenous Languages, the subject for 2019 is Translation and Indigenous Languages.
The United Nations General Assembly has passed on May 24, 2017, a resolution announcing 30th September as International Translation Day. It was a demonstration to perceive the function of expert translation in associating nations. Eleven nations – Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Costa Rica. Also Cuba, Ecuador, Paraguay, Qatar, Turkey, Turkmenistan, and Vietnam – are the signatories of Draft Resolution A/71/L.68.
The theme of International Translation Day 2020 is, “Finding the Words for the World in Crisis”. Despite coronavirus crises, FIT is focused to give attention on the importance of translators. As well as translators in dealing with the conditions at the International scale, National scale, and Local scale.
Translators, terminologists and interpreters offer serious services each at the the front line and back line in giving information in disastrous conditions. Therefore, we should respect the work of translators who are still contributing in this pandemic situation.
- You are doing a great job by translating to many things which would otherwise would have been limited to limited people. Warm wishes on International Translation Day 2020!
- The special occasion of International Translation Day gives us an opportunity. Thanks to all the wonderful translators to tell them that they are doing an awesome job.
- It is an achievement in itself to know more than a language. The another achievement to be able to translate content from one language to another. Happy International Translation Day!
- Translation is that which transforms everything so nothing changes, wishing all the translators a very happy International Translation Day.
- A different language is a different origin of life. Happy International Translation Day 2020!
- We have to understand each other to appreciate our cultural differences, for that wishing all the translators a very happy International Translation Day.
- As you continue building linguistic bridges together. We wish you a Happy International Translation Day!
- As you continue building linguistic bridges together, we wish you a Happy International Translation Day.
- If we are talking to a man in a language he understands, that will go to his head. But If we talk to him in his own language, that will go to his heart.
- Words travel worlds. Translators do the driving. Happy International Translators Day!!
READ ALSO – International Day for Universal Access to Information 2020