World Humanitarian Day 2020: It is a worldwide festival of individuals helping individuals. The United Nations General Assembly designated it as a major aspect of a Swedish-supported GA Resolution A/63/L.49 on the Strengthening of the Coordination of Emergency Assistance of the United Nations. Therefore, it was set as 19 August.
The assignment of 19 August as World Humanitarian Day is the result of the persevering endeavors of the Sérgio Vieira de Mello Foundation. As well as, his family working intimately with the Ambassadors of France, Switzerland, Japan and Brazil in both Geneva and New York to table and guide the draft resolution through the General Assembly.
The Sérgio Vieira de Mello Foundation is focused on working intimately with all Governments, the United Nations, International Organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations to give the day an important recognition every year. On 19 August 2009 was recognized as World Humanitarian Day.
World Humanitarian Day is a day devoted to humanitarian people around the world, just as to build open conception of concerned help-exercises. The day plans to respect helpful laborers who have lost their lives or harmed themselves over the span of their work, and to recognize the continuous work of compassionate staff around the world.
Numerous people, groups and associations allocate subjection and data material as an attempt to expand the significance of humanitarian people. Furthermore, some attempt to address the press to help spread these key messages of World Humanitarian Day, while different gatherings create open occasions worldwide that include compassionate work.
The theme or campaign of World Humanitarian Day 2020 is #RealLifeHeroes.
On August 19, the eleventh year that have stamped World Humanitarian Day, tribute is paid for the real life heroes who have dedicated their lives to help other people in the most extreme conditions all through the world.
The campaign centers around what drives humanitarian people to proceed to save and secure lives in spite of war, weakness, absence of access and dangers related to COVID-19.
This year, COVID-19 has been the greatest test to compassionate tasks far and wide. Governments around the globe has brought about communities, civil society and nearby NGOs being the frontline.
Hence, the campaign presents the rousing individual accounts of humanitarian people who are treating and forestalling COVID-19. Giving food to needy individuals, giving safe spaces to women and girls in lockdown; delivering children; battling locusts and running refugee camps, all in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
On this occasion of World Humanitarian Day we must remember that the only thing that will save us all is love, love even for our enemies. Happy World Humanitarian Day.
Services to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth. So, pledge to help others on this day. Wish you a very happy World Humanitarian Day.
Between the wars it is important to still remember the humanity in our hearts and help those in need. Happy World Humanitarian Day 2020!
- It is important to take action as nothing is insignificant. Every action leads to a change. Keep changing lives and helping people on this day. Wish you a very happy world Humanitarian Day.
- Even with different colors, race, religions, and cultures, we are all just one humanity. This day is to celebrate that. Wish you a very happy world Humanitarian Day.
- It is important to remember on this occasion that love can only grow if it is shared. By giving it away, you only have more for yourself. Wish you a very happy World Humanitarian Day.
- Our mother earth provides us with life pay her back by respecting and loving all her children, all humans. Therefore, best wishes on this World Humanitarian Day.
- The real joy of life is in helping and caring for someone else above your own personal gains. Be kind and help humanity on this day. Wish you a very happy World Humanitarian Day.
- It is important to speak up and change the things that need changing. Do not stay silent, speak up and save humanity on this day. Best wishes on this World Humanitarian Day.
- Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, remember to go into the world and do good. Happy World Humanitarian Day 2020!