World Food Safety Day 2020: 7 June of every year is celebrated as World Food Safety Day. The goal behind this day is to draw attention and rise activity to help prevent, recognize and control foodborne dangers. The objective is about adding food security, human health, economic progress, farming, market, tourism, and sustainable development. Read below and send Happy World Food Safety Day Wishes!
The 73rd meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York in 2019 has embraced a goals and announced this day firstly.
This choice was the consequence of the activity started by Awilo Ochieng Pernet in 2015. She was Chairperson of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), followed by serious dealings inside the CAC. Also, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), and the World Health Organization (WHO). Costa Rica was the nation ruling the dealings on this choice.
Under the current situation of COVID-19, the only way to celebrate World Food Safety Day is considering food to be safe. As the virus can travel from different sources, it hasn’t been proved yet if it can be found on food substances. Still, there is a need to apply precautions to remain safe:
- Wash your hands before cooking and eating.
- Wash the vegetables and fruits properly.
- Sanitize the packed, bottled or canned food.
- Cook properly and cleanly.
- Avoid food from stalls and hotels.
The theme of this day is, ‘Food Safety, Everybody’s Business’. The activity arranged campaign will spread awareness on food sanitization around the world. It would call upon the nations and leaders, the private sectors, civil society, UN associations and the overall public to make a move.
Food safety is a common duty between governments, producers and consumers. Everyone has a task to carry out from farm to table to guarantee that the food we eat is safe and won’t cause harms to our health.
Through the World Food Safety Day, WHO seeks after its endeavors to standard food in the public plan and lessen the foodborne illnesses all around.
What are Foodborne Illness?
Foodborne sickness is a contamination or disturbance of the gastrointestinal tract brought about through food, drinks or beverages that contain infectious bacteria, parasites, viruses, or chemicals. It can also be called food poisoning. Food can be unsafe if it is not fresh or well-cooked. Regular foodborne ailment symptoms are: nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, and chills.
- Keep food safe – clean, cook, and cover. Happy World Food Safety Day!
- Wash your hands before you eat, whether it’s an apple or meat. Wishing you a World Food Safety Day 2020!
- So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being. Have a Food Safety!
- The food that enters the mind must be watched as closely as the food that enters the body.
- Make food simple and let things taste of what they are. Happy World Food Safety Day!!
- Sanitisation is the first line of defence of any effective food safety program. World Food Safety Day Wishes 2020!
- From farm to plate, make food safe. Food safety and sanitation, for a healthier nation. World Food Safety Day!
- Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving, and identity. Keep food safe and stay healthy!
- Food Safety is everyone’s business. One should own the responsibility to serve healthy and eat healthily. Happy World Food Safety Day!!
- Human beings do not eat nutrients, they eat food. World Food Safety Day!