July 26, 1999, a date that is a day of pride for every Indian. On one side, there is an anti-China atmosphere in the country, and on the other, 26 July will be celebrated as the 21st anniversary of Kargil Vijay Divas.
The day symbolises the war of Kargil in 1999, between India and Pakistan. On this date, India effectively took order of the high stations which had been lost to Pakistan. The Kargil war was battled for over 60 days, finished on 26th July defeating Pakistan.
Speciality of this Day
The saga of the Kargil War is itself special in its own terms. It symbolises the sacrifice, valour and courage of the Indian soldiers. The war started in Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, at the Line of Control (LoC).
The Indian Army successfully liberated the Indian land from the clutches of the intruders. However, they successfully carried out ‘Operation Vijay’ which was a mobilization of 2,00,000 Indian troops. The ‘Operation Vijay’ was under the consent of then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
The Gorkha battalion led this war and soldiers fought in the difficult altitude of 18,000 feet. Throughout the entire existence of autonomous India, the Kargil War is recognized as the fiercest and the most bold tasks that the Indian Army led. About 527 Indian officers gave their lives in this war.
Hence, the whole nation observes this day with gratitude, honour, and pride. We salute the servicemen and their service for our India!
#Operation Vijay is a saga of #Courage #Valour and #Sacrifice of #Brave #Soldiers of #IndianArmy. 26 July will be remembered for the determination and daring leadership and raw courage of our #Soldiers. #RememberingKargil#21YearsofKargil pic.twitter.com/cZXOvktV2b
— ADG PI – INDIAN ARMY (@adgpi) July 23, 2020
On the ocassion of 21st anniversary of Kargil Vijay Divas, the Government of India has reported a national level quiz competition to commend the notable day. Students can participate for the quiz in the MyGov website.
Participate Now : https://bit.ly/KargilQuiz
Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ tweeted about the opposition and stated. He tweets, “Students, how much do you know about the Kargil war? On this Kargil Vijay Diwas, we bring you a national level quiz competition to commemorate the contribution of our warriors.”
The quiz will finish up on July 27, 2020. Therefore, students who are eager to partake in the online quiz contest, can do so through the MyGov site. Students should enlist first so as to take an interest in the competition.
Heroes to be Remembered
Kargil Vijay Divas stands on ground of the courage and martyrdom of our soldiers. There were soldiers to fought bravely and defeated the army of Pakistan, while there were also soldiers who laid down their lives for the victory of this motherland. Therefore, India will always remember and honour the bravehearts who fought the battle of Kargil in 1999.
List of bravehearts who had fought for our lives:
The Param Vir & Maha Vir Chakra owners
Read the list of the Indian soldiers to whom Param Vir and Maha Vir Chakras were awarded for their bravery and combat.
Param Vir Chakra –
- Captain Vikram Batra, 13 JAK Rifles, Posthumous
- Lieutenant Manoj Kumar Pandey, 1/11 Gorkha Rifles, Posthumous
- Rifleman Sanjay Kumar, 13 JAK Rifles
- Grenadier Yogendra Singh Yadav, 18 Grenadiers.
Maha Vir Chakra –
- Major Vivek Gupta, 2 Rajputana Rifles, Posthumous
- Captain Anuj Nayyar, 17 Jat Regiment, Posthumous
- Major Rajesh Singh Adhikari, 18 Grenadiers, Posthumous
- Captain N Kenguruse, 2 Rajputana Rifles, Posthumous
- Major Padmapani Acharya, 2 Rajputana Rifles, Posthumous
- Lieutenant Keishing C Nongrum, 12 JAK Light Infantry
- Major Sonam Wangchuk, Ladakh Scounts
- Lieutenant Balwant Singh, 18 Grenadiers
- Naik Digendra Kumar, 2 Rajputana Rifles
- Salute to all the brave soldiers of Indian Armed Forces who laid down their lives fighting for our nation.
- Remembering the brave soldiers who won the Kargil War on this day in 1999.
- Kargil Vijay Diwas, a day to remember the gallant efforts and sacrifices of the Indian Armed Forces.
- Let us salute to all our soldiers who are brave and protect us all throughout the day and night. Let us remember their fights and toil on this day.
- Freedom in mind. Faith in words. Pride in our heart. Memories of our souls.
- A mother, sister, father, brother, and friend have lost someone close to their hearts. We can’t get them back, but we can certainly stand for them, who sacrificed their lives for us.
- You have never lived until you have almost died, and for those who chose to fight. Life has a special flavor, the protected will never know.
- Let us salute to all our soldiers who are brave and protect us all throughout day and night.
- Happy Kargil Vijay Divas to all of us. Let us remember the sacrifice of those braveheart soldiers who died in the line of duty to protect our nation. Jai Bharat!
- They crushed our enemies and our sorrow, they gave up their today for our tomorrow. They wore a smile and laid down their lives. Our great soldiers!
READ ALSO – World Chess Day 2020: About, Facts, Wishes