The International Day of Charity is a worldwide observation done yearly on 5 September. The United Nations General Assembly announced the day in 2012. The prime motive behind the day is to bring issues to light and give a typical stage to good cause related exercises. They can be everywhere around the world for people, beneficent, generous and volunteer associations at every level.
The International Day of Charity was imagined as a Hungarian common society activity. The Hungarian Parliament and Government uphold this day in 2011. It was to improve perceivability, and compose extraordinary occasions. Also, to expand solidarity, social obligation and public help for a noble cause.
September 5th was picked to honor the death anniversary of Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She got the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, “for work embraced in the battle to beat poverty and distress, which additionally comprise a threat to harmony.”
Therefore, the United Nations General Assembly designated this observation on 17 December 2012. This was under the.
The United Nations on this day welcomes the entire member states, different associations and organizations. Also, all the residents to commend the day on adding to good cause endeavors in any capacity possible.
The UN hence, encourages noble cause donations, driving instruction and awareness exercises up in request to push the significance of noble cause.
Instructive programs and raising money activities are held worldwide on the International Day of Charity. Media exposure about the day is advanced through social sites, online news, radios, and TV. Literature is likewise distributed and circulated to advertise this recognition.
Charities to donate amid Lockdown
Though, we all are stuck in this pandemic situation, one can donate to charities staying at homes. These charities offer help to poor and needy in such crisis period. Below is the list of a few charities and also their sites for donation:
- Safa – safaindia.org
- Citizens for Justice and Peace – cjp.org.in
- Parikrama Humanity Foundation – parikrmahumanityfoundation.org
- Kashtakari Panchayat – kashtakaripanchayat.org
- Zomato Feeding India – feedingindia.org/donate
- Robin Hood Army – robinhoodarmy.com
- Goonj – goonj.org/support-covid-19-affected
- Seeds India – seedsindia.org/covid19/
- The place there’s charity and knowledge. There may be neither lifeless nor numbness. Hence, promise to contribute to a charity on charity day.
- They say that charity begins at home, so never ever forget to contribute all that you can. Happy International Day of Charity.
- On the International Charity Day 2020, we must always remember that a small charity can do a lot of good to so many people out there. Warm wishes on this special day.
- There is no one in this world who has ever become poor because of charity. Wishing a very Happy International Day of Charity to all.
- The world needs more generous people. The world needs more volunteers. A very Happy International Day of Charity to everyone.
- A small charity that you are going to make ever will shape up many lives out there in different ways. Happy International Day of Charity.
- Not everyone is as privileged as we are and therefore, we must help those who need us. Warm wishes on International Day of Charity!!
- There is nothing in this world that brings more happiness than an act of charity. Wishing everyone a very Happy International Charity Day 2020.
- Charity day ought to mark the start of your actions for the betterment of society. Happy Charity Day!!
- To rejoice the charity day, donate for noble cause and inspire others to join further. Happy International Charity Day 2020 to all.