The Asian and Pacific Coconut Culture (APCC) started 2nd of September as World Coconut Day. The goal of 2020 World Coconut Day is to propel theory and coconut industry improvement in APCC people. Hence, this day is complimented to make people aware that coconut accept a noteworthy activity in reducing destitution.
In the year 2009, World Coconut Day was set up. This day is separate from the establishment day of APCC under the sponsorship of the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP). The value and the businesses of coconuts are highlighted on the World Coconut Day. The day therefore offers an open entryway for system assessment and an outline of the movement plan for this field.
APCC is the 18 section countries intergovernmental relationship with directed coconut improvement practices in the Asian Pacific Region to propel, sort out and mix. The APCC is made out of various important countries that produce coconut, including India. The headquarter is arranged in Jakarta , Indonesia.
World Coconut Day is a day to bring awareness to people about the advantages of coconut and its businesses. In India, Coconut Development Board observes this day.
In some countries it is celebrated planting a coconut tree. As coconut is a very beneficial material on Earth, facts about it can be spread on this day. Therefore, one must know the uses and benefits of coconut. It is much useful for human life, that’s why coconut has a special day for it.
The theme of 2020 World Coconut Day is, “Invest in Coconut to Save the World”. The International Coconut Community picks up a theme or subject for each year.
It has been a yearly custom to check the occasion with extraordinary energy. Hence, a huge turnout of farmers, industries of coconut productions, and businesspersons go to the occasion each year.
Events such as awareness campaigns, specialized meetings, master speakers involve in the occassion. It is about the benefits of coconut utilization and particular information in coconut cultivating.
Coconut in Use
- The flesh of coconut provides food, flour and milk.
- Coconut water is the most healthiest and refreshing drink.
- The oil extracted from coconut is good for cooking, hair, and skin.
- Shells of coconut are used for making beautiful art pieces and decorative crafts.
- Coconut husk is used to make ropes, mats, and scrubbers.
- The leaves of coconut tree are used in building thatched shelters or roofs of huts.
- Coconut flowers have many medicinal uses. They are an ingredient in many traditional remedies, especially medicines for new mothers.
- Apart from those, coconut sticks are also used to make brooms.
- In India, coconuts are also used for worshipping purpose as it is considered auspicious.
- Coconut is also used in making several food items, drinks, and sweet dishes.
- May all the healthiness comes with this coconut day to you and your family!
- Let’s spread some love and happiness on this precious day of world coconut day.
- Coconut milk is the only thing on this planet that comes identically to mother’s milk.
- Let’s pray for a better future year to the God of sea and celebrate the World Coconut Day.
- Be like coconut, soft internally and externally be strong. Happy World Coconut Day!
- Let’s spread kindness and love all around to keep a healthy environment around us. Happy World Coconut Day!
- Coconut is one of those love-hate ingredients. Happy World Coconut Day!
- Have a coconut and be healthy, it’s a world coconut day today!
- There is one saying like coconut keeps illness away form our body, that is true. Happy World Coconut Day!
- Coconut saves many lives, it gives the vitamins we need in our body. So, let’s celebrate this festival of world coconut day.