World Athletics Day is yearly celebrated on May 7. In any case, the date is exposed to change as IAAF chooses the date each year. In 2019, this day was celebrated on May 7 and the equivalent is said to be the date for 2020. Therefore, read the history, importance and purpose of the day. Get World Athletics Day quotes 2020!
International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) presented World Athletics Day so as to support cooperation in sports and games among youngsters. In this day and age with expanded obesity rates among the youth, it has got a significant issue to carry attention to individuals about wellness, health and fitness.
The World Athletics Day was first celebrated in 1996. President of International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) Primo Nebiolo started the ocassion. World Athletics Day is arranged and sponsored by IAAF. In 1996, the principal World Athletics Day was themed around the Centennial release of the Olympic Games in Atlanta.
- Increment public acknowledgement about games and to teach adolescents about the significance of sports.
- Encourage Athletics as the essential game in schools and foundations.
- Promote sports among the young.
- Build up a connection between the young, sport, and ecological preservation.
- To set up games as the main interest sport in schools everywhere throughout the world.
- The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.”
- “When you’re riding, only the race in which you’re riding is important.”
- “I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability.”
- “The five S’s of sports training are: stamina, speed, strength, skill, and spirit; but the greatest of these is spirit.”
- “An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.”
- “Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss.”
- “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.”
- “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.”
- “Continuous effort — not strength or intelligence — is the key to unlocking our potential.”
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”
Send the above World Athletics Day quotes in messages to encourage the youth for participation in sports, games and events.