Indian politicians are stupid – yes, as stupid as Donald Trump! You will rarely find a politician in India who is astute and doesn’t comment on each and every issue just to appease his/her party leadership.
There are many politicians in India (who we’ll showcase in golden letters below) who have made some really appalling statements in the past just to highlight themselves in the media. Little did they know that they would get bashed in the media for being so naïve and apathetic to the woes of the Indian public!
- Mulayam Singh Yadav – ‘Boys will be boys, they can commit mistakes’
In April 2014, the-then SP supremo gave a really dumb comment on the death penalty being slapped on three men in a gang-rape case. He blamed that girls try to get friendly with men and when they oppose advances, they term it as ‘rape’!
- P Chidambaram (Ex-Finance and Home Minister) – “When you can buy ice cream for Rs. 20/-, why complain about price rice?”
Slow claps for this guy! Price rise is what lead to the price of ice cream to skyrocket from rupees 10 to 20! Moreover, how can you expect a crorepati to understand what people face in terms of running costs of livelihood?
- Mangal Pandey (Ex-Bihar Health Minister) – “Virgin, as per the dictionary, means an unmarried and pure girl. So all these words are not objectionable”
Which century does he live in? He made this comment on the allegation that Patna’s Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences had done “nothing wrong” when it asked female applicants to declare their virginity. How can politicians be so insensitive to privacy of individuals?
- RR Patil (NCP leader) – “Bade bade shehron mein aisi choti choti baatein hoti rehti hain.”
Nope, this is not a Bollywood chick-flick and you are NOT Shahrukh Khan! Innocent people lost their lives in the horrific 26/11 terrorist attack of Mumbai in 2008, but this bigwig chose to trivialize this issue in order to dampen the blame for such lapse in security!
- Mulayam Singh Yadav – “We should avoid the use of computers and English in India.”
LOL! Okay then, maybe this is why people herald Modiji as the real hero for pushing the digital revolution in India because MSY was trying to take us into the stone age – no wonder he never became PM!
- Tarun Vijay (Former BJP Rajya Sabha member and President of the India-Africa Parliamentary Friendship Group) – “If we were racist, why would we have all the entire South (India) which is… you know Tamil Nadu, you know Karnataka and Andhra… why do we live with them? We have black people all around us”
In March-April 2017, Tarun directly referred to South Indians as “blacks” while debating on an Al Jazeera show which was airing details about the attack on nine African-origin people in a mob violence in Greater Noida after the previous raid on Nigerian students by local people accusing them of cannibalism. No sir, they are Dravidian descendants, not Afro!
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi – congratulated PM Sheikh Hasina for “boldly saying that she has zero tolerance towards terrorism,” “despite being a woman” during his lecture at the Dhaka University in Bangladesh.
Many Twitterati and media-persons termed it as a sexist remark and the #despitebeingawoman hashtag trended for several days on Twitter to make fun of this extremely sexist remark that highlights the gender disparity in this world.
- Ghulam Nabi Azad (Former Health and Family Welfare minister) – “In olden days people had no other entertainment but sex, which is why they produced so many children. Today, TV is the biggest source of entertainment. Hence, it is important that there is electricity in every village so that people watch TV till late in the night.”
A really funny way to guarantee rural electrification isn’t it? Why not promote the use of contraceptives and safe sex, sir?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav (Ex-Bihar CM) – “I work so much! If I don’t get all the comforts, I will turn mad.”
Well, no wonder he got so, so, so many comforts that he embroiled himself and his family into the multiple disproportionate assets scams! How is the comfort of jail currently feeling like sirji?
- Mohan Bhagwat (Chief or RSS) – ‘Rapes occur in India, not Bharat’
Terming the rise of incidents of rapes in India as a result of westernization and that most rapes are urban crimes, Bhagwat said that rapes do not happen in rural India as they are still rich in traditional values. Little does he know that most rural rape cases are either not reported to the authorities, get solved with arbitrary decisions by Khap panchayats or are simply hidden from public view by threatening or murdering the victims!
- Mani Shankar Aiyar (Congress Leader and Ex-parliamentarian)
This ‘well-read’ personality had the audacity to call the Prime Minister of India a “neech aadmi” or ‘vile’. He had earlier called the-then Prime Minister of India and BJP stalwart Atal Bihari Vajpayee a ‘nalayak’ (a pejorative for incompetent). Insulting two sitting PMs, wow!
- Alpesh Thakor – ( Congress OBC leader and Gujarat MLA)
his dumbass aid that imported mushrooms from Taiwan (apparently one mushroom costs Rs 80,000) have helped Narendra Modi get a “fair” complexion.
We’ll continue to shame these politicians in further posts like these so that you come to know how your ‘beloved’ politician really thinks of Indian society! Stay tuned for more!