Eid al-Adha, also called Bakr Eid, is an Islamic celebration to recognize the readiness of Ibrahim to follow Allah’s order to sacrifice his son. Muslims around the globe observe this occasion.The Islamic calendar depends on perceptions of the Moon and the length of a specific month can shift between years. This year, Bakr Eid 2020 is being celebrated on 1st August.
Eid al-Adha or Bakr Eid is one of the most holy months, during which the Haj journey additionally happens. Therefore, Dhu al-Hijjah actually implies the ‘month of pilgrimage’.
The day praises the willingness of Ibrahim and his son, and their dedication to Allah. So according to customs, Muslims around the world sacrifice a goat or a sheep, as this festival refers to ‘qurbani’. Afterwards a piece of the feast is distributed among the poor and needy people. It is basically about offering back to the society.
Muslims around the globe offer Eid al-Adha prayers at the mosque after the sun has totally risen and not long before it enters the Zuhr time (midday prayer time). The Imam trails a message or khutbah for the prayers.
Eid al-Adha Namaz
The prayers or Namaz in Eid al-Adha is different from as compared to daily Namaz. It is called Salat al-Eid. Here is how one must offer prayers in Bakr Eid :
- Perform the ritual of bathing or washing the whole body. This is known as Ghusl.
- Get ready for Salat al-Eid.
- Recite the intention of commencing the prayer. This is known as Niyyat.
- Raise hands and follow the ways of reading Namaz to perform Takbiratul Ihram.
- While reading Takbir, offer the Dua Iftitah.
- Read the Surah Al-Fatihah.
- Thereafter, read another Surah from the Quran, then give Taqbir five times before going for ruku.
- After that, chant the Tasyahhud.
- End the prayers with a Salaam.
Eid al-Adha amid Lockdown
This year, as every festival has been celebrated in the COVID-19 pandemic situation, Bakr Eid is also being celebrated the same way amid lockdown.
The Center had permitted strict spots to revive from June 8 under Unlock 1. Under Unlock 3 rules, strict capacities and other enormous gatherings keep on being restricted. Still, mosques were open today for morning prayers on Eid al-Adha.
With lockdown limitations facilitated in parts of the nation, devotees were seen visiting mosques like Jama Masjid while following all precautionary methods. People were maintaing social distance and wearing masks as to keep coronavirus under control. The mosque authorities at different spots were guaranteed checking temperature of the devotees and providing them hand sanitiser.
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has also offered his Eid wishes to the Muslim community of this nation.
Greetings on Eid al-Adha. May this day inspire us to create a just, harmonious and inclusive society. May the spirit of brotherhood and compassion be furthered.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 1, 2020
- I wish you a very happy and peaceful Eid al-Adha. May Allah accept your good deeds, forgive your transgressions and sins and ease the suffering of all peoples around the globe. Happy Bakrid!
- May your plate of life be always full of sweet seviyyan topped with the nuts of happiness. With best Eid Wishes, may you have a Happy Eid!!
- Wish you a very happy and peaceful Bakr Eid 2020!!
- Sending you my wishes on the joyous occasion of Eid al-Adha. Eid Mubarak!
- May Allah flood your life with happiness on this occasion, your heart with love, your soul with spiritual, your mind with wisdom, wishing you a very Happy Eid!
- No shadows to depress you. Only joys to surround you. Allah himself to bless you. These are my wishes for you. Today tomorrow and every day. Eid Mubarak!
- On this blessed occasion of Eid, wishing you and your family joy, happiness, peace and prosperity! Eid Mubarak!
- The magic of this day bring a lot of happiness and blessings in your life that will fill your heart with joy. Wishing you and your family a Happy Eid!
- May Allah flood your life with happiness on this occasion, your heart with love, your mind with wisdom. Wishing you a very Happy Eid!
- Let’s learn the basic essence of sacrifice and celebrate this Eid by sacrificing our egos! This Eid, may Allah bless you with good health and happiness. Happy Bakr Eid 2020!