Love may not be tangible, but it is definitely really fragile. If your love for someone isn’t expressed properly, it may ‘break’.
Basically, in today’s modern world, everything has become such a show-off that you have to showcase everything about you and your feelings, either on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or even Snapchat! Sometimes, amongst all the images, memes and videos you might share with your love/lover or crush to hint that you really love them, things may get unclear for the person in front to understand. That, my friend is when words ‘work’ their magic.
Epic love stories in history all ‘spoke’ of their love…
All love stories had one thing in common – the lovers ‘spoke’ of their love to each other. Romeo-Juliet, Cleopatra-Mark Antony, Paris- Helena, Lancelot- Guinevere, Laila-Majnu, Shiri Farhad, Salim-Anarkali, Heer-Ranjha, Peshwa Bajirao-Mastani and many more, they all proclaimed their love to each other in simple, romantic words. It’s time you do it too!
The power of the written word is so immense that even in this technology dominated age, we have not let go of one basic human tool – the ability to speak and write. However, you may not be able jot down your romantic feelings into words for your special someone; worry not! Here are some simple yet endearing poems on love that will help you impress that special somebody:
1) If your love is trying to leave you or has left you and you really want them back into your life, this will work:
“LOVE – what is love? A great and aching heart;
Wrung hands; and silence; and a long despair.
Life – what is life? Upon a moorland bare
To see love coming and see love depart.”
– R. L. Stevenson
2) If it is Valentine’s day, this will be it!
“I carry your heart with me (I carry it in
my heart) I am never without it (anywhere
I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me if your doing, my darling)”
– E.E. Cummings
3) If someone is doubtful about your love for them and are failing to see the truth in your actions, this is the one to share…
“Then seek not, sweet, the ‘If’ and ‘Why’
I love you now until I die.
For I must love because I love
And life in me is what you give.”
part of ‘Because She Would Ask Me Why I Loved Her’
– Christopher Brennan
4) If you both are going through tumultuous times (like divorce or breakup) with each other and are unable to reconcile, this will work. It works on the coldest of souls…
“Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no; it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken”
— Sonnet 116
– William Shakespeare
5) If you want to propose to a crush, but are tongue-tied on how to go about it or are simply too scared to mess things up, close your eyes and send him/her this…
“There is a place of peace
There is a place of joy
A place away from loneliness
A place away from pain
That place is next to you
A secret garden
Where black and white becomes a colorful place
Of loving, kisses, touching, caressing,
There with you and only you
Cares of the world melting away
Anger and fear are not allowed
Prejudice cannot enter
A place where two hearts beat as one
A place where two souls are interwoven,
Touching the inner-place of one another
A place that I long to come back to again and again
A place of sweet abandon
A place next to you
– Rocky Stonehedge
6) If it is your anniversary or you are newly married to someone, this is something you would like to print on a poster and gift to him/her on that special day…
“(love is like)
Love is like a painting
filled with all colours and shades
love is like a bleeding heart
cut with many sharp blades
love is like a never ending story
that always begins with a kiss
love is like a space everlasting
that fills bitterness with bliss
love is like the circle of eternity
always there to take for free
Love is an open clear pool
where no hate can dare swim
love is a captured sunset
where the warmth never grows dim
love is desire held in the eye
that spreads quickly to the heart
love is a black starry night sky
a metaphor of glorious art
love is a deep dark hole of mystery
always there to take free
part of ‘A Simile Like Love, A Metaphor Is Love’
– Allen Steble
7) This is for everyone you love. This is to be shared with anyone and everyone you really care about. A friend, a lover, an ex-lover, anybody who you cherish/cherished at a point of time in your life…
“God must have known there would be times
We’d need a word of cheer,
Someone to praise a triumph
Or brush away a tear.
He must have known we’d need to share
The joy of “little things”
In order to appreciate
The happiness life brings.
I think He knew our troubled hearts
Would sometimes throb with pain,
At trials and misfortunes,
Or goals we can’t attain.
He knew we’d need the comfort
Of an understanding heart
To give us strength and courage
To make a fresh, new start.
He knew we’d need companionship,
Unselfish… lasting… true,
And so God answered the heart’s great need
With cherished friends… like you!”
8) This is to be shared when your special someone is busy somewhere and you just want them to know how much you really miss them…
” When nights are long & friends are few,
I sit by my window & think of you,
A silent whisper, a silent tear,
I love you with all my heart,
I wish you were here”
– Stephen Watson
9) If someone has rejected your proposal even after you said you really love them, this is something that should make them understand that your love for them is not fake. You are simply hopelessly in love with someone… share this with them…
“All I ever wanted was to be part of your heart,
And for us to be together, to never be apart.
No one else in the world can even compare,
You’re perfect and so is this love that we share.
We have so much more than I ever thought we would,
I love you more than I ever thought I could.
I promise to give you all I have to give,
I’ll do anything for you as long as I live.
In your eyes I see our present, our future and past,
By the way you look at me I know we will last.
I hope that one day you’ll come to realize,
How perfect you are when seen through my eyes.”
– Ashley Borden
10) This one is an all-weather poem. It can be shared in all situations. Happiness, sadness, heartbreak, long distance relationships and what not. If you love somebody, share this please!
“My love for you reaches past the furthest planet,
Burns stronger then the sun,
Will last longer then eternity.
For you I’d travel to the moon and back,
Climb the tallest tower,
Fight the largest army.
You are my friend,
You are my reason to live,
My elixir of life,
Without you I’m nothing,
With you I’m a superhero.”
– Lilley Asprey
So, how was it? Did you share any of the poems with your loved one? How did it go? What was their reaction? Please post your comment below! I am eager to know how it worked out!