On 16 May 2017, United Nations General Assembly declared International Day of Living together in Peace. The day is to spread awareness on peace, inclusion, tolerance, understanding and solidarity around the world.
“If you want to live a peaceful life, let others live in peace.”
After the World War 2, the General Assembly adopted the Declaration and Programme of Action on a Culture of Peace in 1999.
The declaration of International Day of Living together in Peace came to fulfillment in May 2017 because of the long held and treasured idea. It was contained inside the Constitution of UNESCO.
The Declaration grasps the rule that harmony isn’t just the absence of wars, but also requires a positive, powerful participatory procedure. It supports exchange and settles down clashes in a feeling of shared collaboration.
The Declaration additionally perceives to satisfy the aspiration to wipe out all types of discrimination and narrow mindedness. This includes on race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other assessment, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or different status.
- Peace begins with a smile. ~Saint Mother Teresa
- We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. ~Dalai Lama.
- If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace. ~John Russell
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. ~Jimi Hendrix
- Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. ~Albert Einstein
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. ~Buddha
- Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means. ~Ronald Reagan
- Nobody can bring you peace but yourself. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The purpose of all wars, is peace. ~Saint Augustine
- Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal. ~Martin Luther King(Jr.)