World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2020 is being observed on May 17 around the world.
This day is a yearly celebration, observed to raise acknowledgement about the use of communication technologies like the Internet. It also raises awareness about other information sources used in the society and for the economy.
In November 2006, the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference in Antalya, Turkey, chose to celebrate both the occasions on 17 May as World Telecommunication and Information Society Day.
The refreshed Resolution 68 welcomes Member States and Sector Members to commend the day every year by sorting out suitable national projects.
The year 2020 speaks on an open door opportunity for ITU members. It will celebrate ICT’s commitment to the progression of the Information Society.
It is to introduce the ‘Interface 2030 Agenda for Global Telecommunication/ICT Development’. However, the Strategic Plan of the Union for the period 2020-2023 is presently connected.
It will be concentrating on how innovative advanced technologies in the coming 10 years will fasten the accomplishment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The theme of World Telecommunication and Information Society Day for the year 2020 is – “Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).”
It permits ITU memberships to reflect on the ICT progresses for the change in advanced and sustainable development. It will concentrate on particular ICT-empowered arrangements.
The theme portrays trends for encouraging monetary, environmental and social manageability, adding to the key objectives of the Connect 2030 Agenda.
- Telecommunication has revolutionized the world and we are thankful for it. Happy World Telecommunication and Information Society Day!
- Telecommunications and information technology have advanced the whole world much beyond the expectations of the common people.
- The age of handwritten postal letters seems to be long gone because of the rapid evolution of technology. Happy World Telecommunication and Information Society Day!
- Telecommunications and information technology have made our lives a hundred times easier, though not necessarily happier.
- We wish everyone a happy World Telecommunication and Information Society Day!!