As the third phase of lockdown has ended on 17th May 2020, the fourth phase of lockdown has been redesigned as per Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines. 14 more days in India to contain the spread of Corona virus which means, lockdown 4.0 will last till May 31. But this time the new guidelines have come with more relaxations than previous ones but in the containment zones.
Below are the guidelines that should be followed:
- All air, metro and rail services remain suspended, except with special permits. But, a special train, carrying residents from Kerala, will start from Delhi on Wednesday, May 20.
- The mass gathering of cultural, religious, political will not be permitted.
- Sports complexes and stadiums will be allowed to open but watchers will not be permitted.
- Through online shopping platforms, the delivery of all the items i.e. essential and non-essential will be allowed.
- Markets can be open except shopping malls, swimming pools, cinema halls. In Delhi, there will be odd even for shops in the market, but not in Assam.
- Children below the age of 10 years, senior citizens, pregnant women will have to stay at home except for health issues.
- More than 50 guests shall not be allowed for marriage functions. Social distance should be maintained, not only in marriages but in public and workplaces also.
- Wearing face masks is compulsory in all public places.
- 20 people, this is the maximum number of people that can attend a funeral.
- Spreading rumours, a false statement shall be punishable with imprisonment up to one year or with the fine.
Barbershops and salons can open but without air conditioning in Kerala, but school and colleges will remain shut.
- There will be night curfew from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. for non-essential services.
- States will decide about Inter-state movements of vehicles like buses, auto-rickshaws, cabs. But in Delhi and Kerala, Auto rickshaw with 1 passenger, Cabs with 2 passengers, Buses with 20 passengers.
- Restaurants can open but only with home delivery service in Delhi and Gujarat.
- Industries with staggered timings in Delhi and in Kerala, government offices can remain open with 50% of their workforce.
- Private offices can open at full strength in Delhi as well as in Telangana.
- Also, the compulsion of “Aarogya Setu’’ app for employees in private companies has been removed.
Conclusion about Guidelines of Lockdown 4.0
The above activities will not be permitted in containment zones. Essential Services are only permitted in these areas.
People living in containment zones are facing real struggles, their conditions are getting worse day-by-day as they are not allowed to acquire essential items.
Some of them are also complaining about the irregular supply of essential commodities like milk, vegetables, fruits, medicines.
This is really heartbreaking, they also need essential items for survival. The Government should not neglect people of containment zones.
The supply for essential items should be provided timely.
This shall include not only eatable items but medicines and sanitary napkins should also be provided timely.
Thus, the fresh Guidelines of Lockdown 4.0 with fresh rules are only for the safety and well being of the public. Every citizen of India should follow these guidelines, India will surely win this fight against corona virus if everyone will cooperate with the government.