World No Tobacco Day was started by WHO and is celebrated every year on 31 May around the world. This annual celebration aware people about the harmfulness of the use of tobacco.
The World Health Organization made World No Tobacco Day in 1987 to cause worldwide notice about the unpreventable deaths and illness tobacco causes.
The day is additionally planned to spread awareness of the far-reaching use of tobacco as an epidemic and its negative health effects.
At present, it leads to an excess of 8 million deaths every year around the world, including 1.2 million are the cases of non-smokers being affected by second-hand smoke.
The theme of World No Tobacco Day 2020 is, ‘Protecting youth from industry manipulation and preventing them from tobacco and nicotine use’. As in the pandemic situation of COVID-19, smokers and tobacco users can be in more danger. The youngsters these days are into the habits of consuming tobacco.
The theme of this year aims to:
- debunk myths
- expose tactics used by the tobacco and related industries to attract younger people
- provide youth with the knowledge they need to detect industry manipulation
- provide tools to help younger people stand up to big tobacco.
- The journey of thousand miles starts with a single step, take the first step to your goal by saying no to tobacco.
- You are not living if you are smoking, you are taking small steps towards a disastrous life. Say no to smoking and tobacco to live a healthier and happier life.
- The only thing that tobacco brings along with it is a disease which later converts in death and despair for your loved one. Save yourself and your family from a disaster like this by quitting tobacco.
- The person who genuinely loves his family and friends would never touch tobacco, would never smoke but he is genuinely concerned about the people. Decide whether you actually love them or you don’t before every smoke you take.
- Cigarettes are killers who you yourself buy to kill you! Truly this is not a sign of a smart and wise man.
- Smoke and tobacco are never solutions to stress and tension. Rather these two are the biggest tensions on which you must work by throwing them out of your life.
- With time you will realize that you are getting sick of tobacco. Make sure that this realization comes to you before it is too late.
- By saying no to tobacco, you are saying no to various problems in your life. Take no time to give up on this habit because it has the potential to ruin your present and future!!
- Spread love and not smoke. Quit tobacco and not life. On the occasion of World No Tobacco Day, let us make everyone aware of the harmful effects of tobacco.
- Don’t let the slow poison of tobacco fill your life with negativity. Wishing a very Happy World No Tobacco Day 2020!