Live news about coronavirus and Janta Curfew: Prime Minister Modi called for Janta Curfew on 22 March 2020 from 7 am till 9 pm. He also asked people to thank all those lakhs of people around India and the world who are working tirelessly for us especially doctors, nurses, hospital staff and janitors, airlines, railway, bus staff, government employees, etc. He asked people to show a gesture of gratitude by either banging thalis, clapping, ringing bells, etc. It was an unprecedented event in our life as the whole nation supported Janta Curfew and helped the government to combat mass transmission.
Live News about the coronavirus so far:
- There are 7 deaths as of now because of COVID-19 and 360 cases have been registered, increasing from 329 cases. The good news is there are 23 Cured/discharged cases also.
- Internationally, Confirmed cases of COVID-19 are 267,013 and there are 11,201
Confirmed deaths because of virus. Italy tops the list with 4032 deaths.
- The government has issued a shutdown in 75 districts that were coronavirus-hit till March 31. The protocol remains the same.
- All train services suspended till 31st March 2020 including suburban rail services. However, goods trains are exempted.
- BSE and the National Stock Exchange will remain open and work as usual on March 23, Monday.
Janta Curfew in India was a great success:
Prime Minister Modi thanked everyone for successful curfew, he also urged people not to start celebrating.
Let’s look at some social media posts regarding Janta Curfew that happened today.
- People realized that they are closer to nature.
— Soulster (@ajinkyamahale) March 22, 2020
— Sidhant Sibal (@sidhant) March 22, 2020
— Nakul Singh Sawhney (@nakulssawhney) March 22, 2020
- Everyone supported the curfew. It didn’t matter from which class they belonged to.
View this post on Instagram
US- Thanksgiving day Ind- janta curfew Thanks to all the doctors all the soliders, scientist and the staff working against corona virus🤘 #Highcourtofchhattisgar #Covid_19india #thankyou #fight #unity #clapping #jantacurfew #fighters @tv9bharatvarsh @narendramodi @who @rajatsharmalive @aajtak
- Celebrities also supported the cause
View this post on Instagram
I am very happy that yes we maintained #JantaCurfew today.. yes it was our #PrimeMinister Mr. Narendra Modi.. who initiated this… thank u so much to obey his decision.. .. . . Ya i cannot post each and every bollywood star having janta curfew but yes… he is the reason to post this… thank u @ayushmannk @tahirakashyap for this moment to share with your kids..😍😍😍😍😍😍🤩🤩🤩🤩🙏🏻❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
— Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) March 22, 2020
A big salute to all the essential workers of the nation selflessly putting their lives at risk to service and safeguard our society . 🙏🏻.#JantaCurfew @akshaykumar #sajidnadiadwala pic.twitter.com/MOQKi6ZbCG
— Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) March 22, 2020
— Kapil Sharma (@KapilSharmaK9) March 22, 2020
Send us your videos of Janta Curfew on our social media channels. We will feature them on our page.