The wait is over! Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora has announced dates for upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Best wishes to the Election Commission, all those officials and security personnel who will be on the field, across the length and breadth of India assuring smooth elections. India is very proud of the EC for assiduously organising elections for several years.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 10, 2019
Lok Sabha Elections Schedule
Elections will start from 11th April, end on 19th May while Results will be declared on 23rd May 2019. Elections will be held in 7 phases.
Model Code of Conduct is in place now. Dos and dont’s mentioned in this code of conduct can be viewed below.
चलिए घी डालिए 2 मिनट में, पता नही कब आचार संहिता लागू हो जाये। Short में पूजा करिएगा, लंबा नही। pic.twitter.com/Tp28PvSV71
— Anil Tiwari (@Interceptors) March 10, 2019
Current Lok Sabha ends on June 3.
Some other important things that you should know
- There would be around 90 crore voters this year out of which 15 crore would be in age group of 18-19 years.
- 17.4 lakhs VVPATs would be used along with EVMs.
- Loud Speakers are allowed from 6am to 10pm.
- Elections In Jammu and Kashmir will not be held. J & K is under President’s rule.
First time since 1996 Assembly elections in J&K are not being held on time. Remember this the next time you are praising PM Modi for his strong leadership.
— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) March 10, 2019
- Many opposition parties accused Election Commission of delaying dates of upcoming Lok Sabha Elections so that current government could announce welfare schemes.
- The last date for filing Nominations is 25th March.
- Election Commission has directed political parties to desist using environmentally aloof material.
This is the special number allotted if you want to check your name in Electoral List. Call center for this number will work from 9am to 9pm.