June 21 is celebrated as the International Yoga Day under UN resolution 69/131. It commends the physical and otherworldly ability that yoga has brought to the world stage. While it is a significant wellspring of activity and sound action millions participate and practice consistently. For some, these schedules are an approach to associate the body, mind and soul in a way that has existed for a considerable length of time.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 27, 2014, had first proposed the idea of International Day Of Yoga. It was during his speech at the UN General Assembly, where India’s Ambassador, Asoke Kumar Mukerji presented a resolution to build up June 21 as International Yoga Day.
Greetings to people around the world on 1st International Day of Yoga! Lets pledge to make Yoga an integral part of our daily lives #YogaDay
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 21, 2015
The date of June 21 was picked as it is the Summer Solstice, the day where there is the most sun out as compared to other days of the year. Therefore, it got support from 177 countries, the most noteworthy number of co-backers for any UN resolution. Finally, it proclaimed June 21 as the International Yoga Day.
On June 21, 2015, almost 36,000 individuals, including Prime Minister Modi celebrated the day. Also, numerous other prominent political figures from all around the globe performed 21 ‘yoga asanas’. It continued for 35 minutes in New Delhi as the first International Yoga Day. Hence, the day has been praised around the world since then.
The theme of International Day Of Yoga 2020 is, “Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home”. This year due to the pandemic situation, no events will be conducted.
While nations have embraced the social distancing measures to battle the COVID-19 pandemic, yoga studios and other common spaces are closed down.
Yoga specialists, therefore, have switched to home practice and online yoga lessons.
The United Nations offers yoga resources to its workforce and others on the Coronavirus entryway’s segment on Wellness.
UNICEF says children can rehearse numerous yoga steps with no hazard.
Utilization of Yoga amid COVID-19
Yoga is an incredible asset to manage the pressure of uncertainty and confinement, just as to keep up with physical health.
Amid COVID-19 situation, workplaces, schools, and colleges are locked down. Staying at home with no work can cause frustration, anxiety, laziness, obesity, etc. Yoga can help in such situations.
Individuals at home can start doing yoga stretches to keep themselves fit. With schools shut and summer break exercises dropped, parents may keep their kids physically active through yoga.
During this pandemic, many schools, colleges, and organizations are using methods of online yoga. These sessions may run for a time period motivating people to practice yoga in their daily routine.
Benefits of Yoga
- Reduces Stress
- Helps Digestion
- Builds Up Flexibility
- Increases Immunity
- Betters Eyesight
- Improves Concentration
- Keeps Mind Fresh
- Relaxes Body Muscles
- Promotes Sleep Quality
- Eases Health Illnesses
Basic Yoga Tips to Follow
- Refer to a good Yoga trainer or online session.
- Wear comfortable stretchable clothes.
- Start early in the morning.
- Keep yourself calm, and breathe deeply.
- Make practice frequent.
Wishes & Greetings
- Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind and harmony of the soul creates the symphony of life. Have a Happy Yoga Day!
- The yoga pose you avoid the most you need the most. Start doing if you haven’t yet. Happy International Day Of Yoga.
- Yoga is the journey of the self, to the self, through the self. Happy International Day Of Yoga!
- When you embrace yoga, you are actually accepting the good thing around you. Happy Yoga Day to you.
- Yoga is all about striking a balance in life and therefore, you must make it a part of your life. Warm wishes on International Yoga Day!!
- You cannot always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside! Happy Yoga Day!!
- Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what can’t be cured. Happy Yoga Day!!
- You cannot always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside! Happy Yoga Day!
- Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind and harmony of the soul creates the symphony of life. Have a happy International Day Of Yoga!
- Live a long and healthy life. Each aasan a day keeps illness away. Enjoy yoga!